Khiran Sidhu’s practice focuses on securities enforcement matters, securities litigation, and regulatory compliance. Ms. Sidhu was recognized as a “Rising Star” in the 2014 Edition of Washington Super Lawyers. She has represented clients before various regulators and prosecutors, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Ms. Sidhu has also maintained an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration matters.
Ms. Sidhu has advised on the following significant matters:
- Represented investment adviser, broker-dealer, officers and executives in connection with investigations by various federal and state authorities, including the SEC, Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and New York Attorney General, involving collateralized debt obligations and securitizations of mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented former CFO of IndyMac Bancorp in federal and California state litigation matters regarding alleged violations of securities laws, including the successful resolution of contested litigation with the SEC.
- Successfully represented former CFO of a public company in SEC investigation of alleged accounting and financial reporting violations.
- Represented multinational financial services company in DOJ and SEC investigations of alleged FCPA violations.
- Successfully represented Guatemalan family seeking political asylum in removal proceedings before the Baltimore Immigration Court.